- Parent Forum
- Collaboratory MakerSpace
- REInvented Thursday
- NHSLMA Thursday Luncheon
- Book Sales
CMTC17 is once again hosting a FREE Parent Forum on Monday evening in Salon A from 6:30 to 8:30pm.
Nationally renowned speaker, parent, and special educator Carol Todd shares her story at the third annual FREE Parent Forum.
This year the focus is on Bullying, Technology, Kindness, & Respect. Join Carol Todd for an intimate and engaging discussion around what digital responsibility looks like in our youth.
Carol is the founder of the Amanda Todd Legacy dedicated to Carol's daughter Amanda who took her own life at age 15 the victim of cyber-bullying. This parent forum is an evening for students and parents to listen, learn, and engage. This critically important topic of digital responsibility brings increased awareness and conversations within families and communities about the combination of bullying and technology use. The goal is to encourage others to shift their thinking about bullying type behaviors to those of KINDNESS and RESPECT.
Download the Parent Forum flyer
Brought to in partnership with the teacher librarians at the NH School Library Media Association (NHSLMA) in the Expo Center!!!
The Collaboratory MakerSpace is dedicated to highlighting the engaging and practical hands-on approach to learning that is gaining educators’ attention. In addition to the Collaboratory MakerSpace sessions that take place during concurrent sessions, there will be a number of exciting maker displays in the Expo Center to inform attendees of the potential of “making/hands-on” learning in the classroom. From quirky robotic hands to a zipline racers, the Collaboratory MakerSpace showcases the role that making things can play in learning environments. Join NHSLMA members in “making” some engagement and fun happen!
All attendees receive:
- The opportunity to make one of several different Makerspace projects
- ~ from high to low tech, from solitary to participatory ~
- A sandwich bag with an activity in a bag
- ~ something for you to take back to school and easily replicate ~
- list of material ideas
- ~ a grocery list to use to collect materials for your Makerspace ~
A QR code to a website where you can go for more curated ideas
CMTC is excited to announce a totally Reinvented Thursday experience in the Expo Center!
Thursday in the Expo Center is going to be a busy place with the following events:
- Join educators and exhibitors in the EdTech Playgrounds interactive spaces where you can explore hands-on activities covering topics such as: Digital Age Library, MakerSpaces, Assistive Technology, Technology & the Early Learner, Coding & Robotics, GAFE, Augmented/Virtual Reality, and Video Production. Explore and play a little or a lot, there is plenty to engage and excite!
- Both the Teacher Showcase and Student STE(A)M Showcase are scheduled for Thursday ~ teachers in the morning from 9:30 to 11:00 and students in the afternoon from 1:30 to 3:00.
- Thursday exhibitors focus exclusively on non-profit organizations and companies serving the needs of school libraries and media centers. Visit with representatives from museums and educational organizations that offer exciting onsite and online student activities for expanding your classroom walls with authentic learning experiences! Discuss with industry leaders how you can reimagine and reinvent your library space physically, digitally, and pedagogically!
Join Spotlight Speaker Anita Cellucci and members of NHSLMA for an energizing new lunch session on Thursday:
- Anita’s luncheon presentation THE EMPATHETIC LIBRARIAN: SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING IN THE LIBRARY will be held in the Armory along with a sit-down luncheon.
- Discover personalized learning for students through collaboration with school counselors and local service providers, along with courses, resources, and relevant pedagogy.
- Hear about effective implementation of programming, instruction, and collaboration with proven learning outcomes.
- Engage in reflection & conversation with your library media colleagues over lunch.
- Be sure to select the Spotlight Luncheon option for your Thursday lunch preference when registering. Both regular and vegetarian options for this sit down luncheon are available.
Book Sales will be located in the Expo Center near the Collaboratory MakerSpace.
Tuesday & Wednesday - Double Midnight Comics